Welcome to the Hankook press room, where you can access the latest news on Hankook and our industry.
Hankook Tire Featured its Laufenn Brand at SEMA 2017
Brampton, ON – November 3, 2017 – Hankook Tire attended the 2017 Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) Show for the third consecutive year showcasing its Laufenn tire brand. The event took place from October 31 to
November 3 in Last Vegas; SEMA is a global premier trade show for automotive specialty products.
Laufenn offers a wide range of tires boasting superior quality, style and value. The brand represents symbolic and concrete proof of Hankook Tire's vision of continued growth into the global automotive market. Laufenn continues to expand in the United States and has produced strong results since its launch in 2014, with 2017 sales forecasted to increase by 143% YOY. The brand now offers five unique models and is available globally as Hankook Tire continues to
grow its global dealer base for Laufenn in 75 countries. The German brand plans continued expansion on a global scale in 2017, broadening its operations to include high-inch tires.
"Hankook Tire is committed to meeting the diverse needs of drivers by delivering superior technology and driving experiences for our customers," said Ho Sung Suh, Senior Vice President, Hankook Tire America Corp. “The Laufenn brand has continuously combined value with solid fundamentals, outstanding performance and style, and has delivered solid growth throughout the years since its launch in 2014, in a highly competitive tire market.”
Since its inaugural in 1963, SEMA has been renowned as the world’s largest exhibition for high-quality vehicle equipment and features 12 categories including tires, car equipment and car modifications. Hankook Tire has taken part in SEMA for over 10 years with its namesake brand in order to strengthen its brand image in North American markets. This year, the Korean company featured five Laufenn tire models that meet a variety of consumer needs, including:
- S FIT AS – An ultra-high performance all-season tire, the S FIT AS provides superior handling and grip on the road for drivers who want exceptional performance and comfort.
- G FIT AS – A high performance all-season tire, the G FIT AS provides impressive all-season capabilities along with a long tread life.
- X FIT HT – An all-season tire, the X FIT HT is specifically designed for SUV, CUV and light truck drivers who require a comfortable and dependable tire while on the road. Additionally, the X FIT HT offers great handling and exceptional all-season performance.
- X FIT AT – An all-terrain all-season tire, the X FIT AT provides a superior performance for both on-road and off-road conditions. Designed with comfort in mind, it is the ideal tire for casual and high-performance driving.
- I FIT Ice – A winter studdable tire, the I FIT Ice provides exceptional performance and comfort on snow and ice covered roads.