Welcome to the Hankook Tire press room, where you can access the latest news on Hankook Tire and our industry.
Hankook Tire races to victory in fourth round of British Rally Championship
Hankook Tire races to victory
in fourth round of British Rally Championship
- Finishes first among 37 cars during Round Four of British Rally Championship (BRC), the Philip White Tyres Ulster Rally
- The British Rally Championship (BRC) is the world’s most prestigious national auto rally series
- Participating in European motorsports events to raise brand awareness and increase sales of racing tires
Hankook Tire (www.hankooktire.com, CEO Cho Choong-hwan) sponsored ‘Stuart Jones Racing Hankook’ topped the podium in the fourth round of the ‘Tesco 99 Octane MSA British Rally Championships’ held in Ulster, Northern Ireland on September 2nd.
Hankook Tire teamed up with Mitsubishi Evo 9 and driver Gwyndaf Evans beat out 36 other entries to take first place. Teammate Stuart Jones, a promising newcomer on the scene, finished in a strong fourth place.
Established in 1900, the British Rally Championship (BRC) is the oldest rally competition in the world and is the most esteemed national auto rally competition as well as being the biggest rally held in Britain.
Four rounds have thus been completed, with two left on unpaved roads in Yorkshire and Wales. Hankook Tire is aiming to win the remaining two races to take first place overall in the BRC.
This year, Hankook Tire is sponsoring nine events including the German Recaro F3 Cup, Suzuki Ignis Cup and French Tarmac Rally and seven teams taking part in events such as the Nurburgring 24-hour Race, German Rally Championship and Spanish Tarmac Rally in the European region. In Great Britain, the company sponsors races including the Hankook 205 Challenge and Volkswagen Cup as well as the team ‘SJR Hankook.’
Hankook Tire managing director in charge of branding Kim Se-heon said, “By participating in renowned motorsports events in the European region, we plan to raise our brand awareness and begin pushing for increased sales of our racing tires.”
- Hankook-sponsored racing team celebrates winning the BRC event
- Hankook-sponsored racing team finishes first in round four of British Rally Championship (BRC), the Philip White Tyres Ulster Rally
- During the BRC race held on September 2nd at Ulster, the Hankook Tire-outfitted Mitsubishi Evo 9 speeds along wet roads. The Hankook sponsored ‘SJR Hankook’ team finished in first place at the event.
- During the BRC race held on September 2nd at Ulster, the Hankook Tire-outfitted Mitsubishi Evo 9 speeds past rally fans on the asphalt road. The Hankook sponsored ‘SJR Hankook’ team finished in first place at the event.