Safety, Health and Environment Policy
Hankook Tire sets safety, health and environment as its top priority values and reflects them in all of its business activities. We have established specific policies and put them into practices starting from a pleasant and safe work environment for employees to the improvement of the global environment.
Hankook Tire Co.,Ltd. sets its utmost value on human safety, health and environment.
With this in mind Hankook Tire Co.,Ltd. pursues safe and healthy living providing customers with value and pleasure, and implements pacesetting safety, health and environmental management throughout its business activities and product life cycle.
For this, we resolve to act as follows:
- 1. Reduce risk by improving the operation and making investments in safety, health and environment through remove of Environmental Impacts and Hazard and prevent work-related injury and ill health to workers and to provide safe and healthy workplaces and minimize environmental effects of our business activities by promoting source reduction and recycling.
- 2. Train all employees so that they can understand and continuously improve the safety, health and environmental management system, and disclose the policies and performance to stakeholders.
- 3. Establish internal management standards that satisfy domestic and overseas laws and other requirements related to safety, health and environment, and faithfully fulfill them.
- 4. Pursue continual improvement by evaluating impacts on safety, health and the environment in advance of establishing safety, health and environment objectives/targets and fulfilling them.
All employees comply with this internally and externally announced Safety, Health and Environmental Policy and actively consult and participate in the safety, health and environment management activities.
- 1. To make efforts to grasp and reduce total environmental impact, from material and product development to transport, manufacturing, distribution, use and disposal
- - To predict and improve a product’s environmental impact in the early stage of the product development, which determines most of the environmental impact of the whole product life cycle
- - To use sustainable materials and develop and produce products with improved fuel efficiency, noise, and durability in product use
- - To review the risks on the environment and health of chemicals before using them, use them safely and discard them legally
- - To conduct environmental assessment when signing contracts with suppliers and consider the results of the assessment during purchase decision-making
- - To improve efficiency in the use of material, water, energy, etc., during tire manufacturing and minimize the occurrence of pollutants
- - To minimize the generation of waste, expand waste recycling, and discard waste legally
- - To consider optimal transport routes and methods that can minimize the environmental impact of product transport
- 2. To minimize the environmental impact on local communities stemming from corporate activities and regularly communicate with stakeholders
- 3. To lead the tire industry in identifying environmental impact by cooperating with business partners and make efforts to reduce that impact
- 4. To perform due-diligence during M&As in order to grasp potential environmental risks