Safety, Health and Environment Policy
Hankook Tire sets safety, health and environment as its top priority values and reflects them in all of its business activities. We have established specific policies and put them into practices starting from a pleasant and safe work environment for employees to the improvement of the global environment.
Hankook Tire & Technology establishes a company's overall safety/health/environment-oriented management system, implements leading safety/health/environmental management activities, provides value and pleasure to consumers, and pursues a safe and healthy life.
For this, we resolve to act as follows.
- 1. Reduce risk and protect the environment by eliminating risk factors through improved safety /health/environment investments and operational improvements. Safe and healthy working conditions shall be provided for the prevention of work-related injuries and health injuries. Promote efficient use and recycling of resources. These activities minimize the impact of our business activities on safety/health/environment.
- 2. Education and capacity improvement activities are conducted to employees to understand and continuously improve the safety/health/environment management system, and policies and management performance are disclosed and communicated to stakeholders.
- 3. Internal management standards meeting domestic and foreign laws and other requirements related to safety/health/environment shall be established and faithfully implemented.
- 4. Executives and employees shall evaluate the impact on safety/health/environment in advance to set and implement safety/health/environmental goals to pursue continuous improvement.
All employees shall comply with the company's safety/health/environmental policies announced internally and externally, and actively consult and participate in safety/health environmental management activities.
- 1. To make efforts to grasp and reduce total environmental impact, from material and product development to transport, manufacturing, distribution, use and disposal
- - To predict and improve a product’s environmental impact in the early stage of the product development, which determines most of the environmental impact of the whole product life cycle
- - To use sustainable materials and develop and produce products with improved fuel efficiency, noise, and durability in product use
- - To review the risks on the environment and health of chemicals before using them, use them safely and discard them legally
- - To conduct environmental assessment when signing contracts with suppliers and consider the results of the assessment during purchase decision-making
- - To improve efficiency in the use of material, water, energy, etc., during tire manufacturing and minimize the occurrence of pollutants
- - To minimize the generation of waste, expand waste recycling, and discard waste legally
- - To consider optimal transport routes and methods that can minimize the environmental impact of product transport
- 2. To minimize the environmental impact on local communities stemming from corporate activities and regularly communicate with stakeholders
- 3. To lead the tire industry in identifying environmental impact by cooperating with business partners and make efforts to reduce that impact
- 4. To perform due-diligence during M&As in order to grasp potential environmental risks