To lead and actively develop, implement and improve policies and procedures related to Salaried Administration. To team with others in the organization and Hankook Tire America HQ to improve synergies optimize systems and policies and to identify and implement best practices.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Identify staff vacancies and recruit, interview, and select applicants; advise hiring managers on personnel selection; continuously improve talent acquisition efforts
- Develop and implement robust Progression and Succession processes
- Develop and optimize systems to support the P&S processes
- Lead, coordinate and drive a robust Performance Management process that is linked to Business Objectives, drives continuous improvement, is simple and is seen as an efficient and effective tool by the organization.
- Develop Policy Deployment alternatives to drive the cascade of company goals and objectives throughout the organization.
- Develop and implement robust processes via matrices for segregating performance levels to support compensation and related personnel decision-making.
- Develop and implement comprehensive talent acquisition and retention processes and programs.
- Develop and lead recognition programs to enhance employee participation and morale.
- Work with the Training and Development team to improve and standardize human capital development programs and processes.
- Benchmark best practices, translate for application at Hankook and implement.
- Engage in local community programs to enhance Hankook Tire’s reputation and build networking relationships that will be beneficial to Hankook.
- Participate in new hire orientation in a proactive way.
- Participate in salary surveys and analyse results to ensure strategic compensation for employee retention and labor cost control; suggest recommendations to adjust salary structure in response to changing organizational needs and market values; plan and conduct a job evaluation as necessary
- Collect and effectively utilize market data to ensure company polices are current and competitive.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required; Human Resource Management, Organizational Behavior/Psychology, or a closely related major preferred; advanced degree in a related field preferred
Experience: Several years of relevant experience required; 2+ years of managerial experience preferred; previous experience in the manufacturing industry desired
Language: Excellent command of written and spoken English
Certificates: PHR or SPHR preferred
Personnel and Human Resources: Minimum of 3 years of payroll and benefits experience including leadership roles where influence was the essential skill set.
Administration and Management: Ability to prioritize multiple competing projects and responsibilities, including critical thinking skills to analyze and interpret complex information. Experience in leading and developing a small team. Proficient with Microsoft Office, SAP, ADP, Etime, etc.
Customer and Personal Service: Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction
Law and Government: Knowledge of laws, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, government regulations, executive orders, agency rules, and the democratic political process
Psychology: Knowledge of human behavior and performance; individual differences in ability, personality, and interests; learning and motivation; psychological research methods; and the assessment and treatment of behavioral and affective disorders
Active Listening & Speaking: Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times; talking to others to convey information effectively
Critical Thinking: Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
Social Perceptiveness: Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do
Management of Personnel Resources: Motivating, developing, and leading people to ensure optimal performance. Identify development needs and work with Training & Development to provide.
Reading Comprehension: Ability to comprehend somewhat complex data and literature with the ability to translate pertinent information to the job.