Welcome to the Hankook press room, where you can access the latest news on Hankook and our industry.
Hankook Holiday Countdown Sweepstakes Official Rules
Hankook Holiday Countdown Sweepstakes
NO CONSIDERATION OR PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED. BY ENTERING THIS PROMOTION AND/OR ACCEPTING A PRIZE, YOU (AND YOUR PARENT OR GUARDIAN, AS APPLICABLE) AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
YOU HAVE NOT YET WON.
Open only to legal United States residents 18 years of age or older.
Void where prohibited by law.
- PROMOTION PERIOD: The Hankook Holiday Countdown Sweepstakes consists of eight separate contests (the “Promotions”) with the first beginning at 12:00 p.m. Eastern Time on December 16, 2018, and the last promotion ending at 11:59 a.m. Eastern Time on December 24, 2018 (the “Promotion Period”). Each contest will close 24 hours after it is posted. Eastern Time will control for all purposes of this Promotion.
- ELIGIBILITY: No purchase is necessary to enter the Promotion or to win the prize. To enter this Promotion, you must be a lawful permanent resident in one (1) of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia (excluding Rhode Island, Puerto Rico and U.S. territories and possessions and where restricted or prohibited by law), eighteen (18) years of age or older with a valid Social Security number and must be at least the age of majority in your jurisdiction of residence (each, an “Entrant”), and have agreed to these Official Rules. Entrants must possess a valid driver’s license issued by a state of the United States or the District of Columbia. Employees and/or agents of Hankook Tire America Corp. (“Sponsor”) and its affiliates, sponsors, partners, subsidiaries, parent organizations, trade partners, dealers, vendors and/or divisions and the respective immediate families of employees and other persons referenced in the foregoing in this paragraph, including, without limitation, household members, are not eligible to participate in the Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right to verify eligibility qualifications of each potential winner. By entering, Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning any prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth in these Official Rules.
Subject to the provisions of these Official Rules, a total of eight (8) winners will be selected among Entrants who comment or reply to Sponsor social media posts over a period of eight (8) days. Each day will have a specific prize to be awarded. The prizes are a Dyson Car Vacuum (Approximate Retail Value (ARV) $187.92); Laser Cut Floor Mats (ARV $50.00); Digital GPS Display (ARV $150); Five Piece Car Care Kit (ARV $27.14); Digital Tire Inflator (ARV $24.97); Dog Car Seat Cover (ARV $29.90); Emergency Roadside Kit (ARV $33.58); Headrest DVD Players (ARV $200). Prizes will be shipped to the winner by sponsor.
Any depiction of prizes, in Promotion materials or otherwise, is for illustrative purposes only.The ARV of each prize represents the Sponsor’s good-faith determination, is final and binding, and cannot be appealed.Each prize must be claimed by within ten (10) days from the date the potential winner for such prize has been notified.SPONSOR SHALL HAVE NO RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY TO A WINNER OR POTENTIAL WINNER WHO IS UNABLE OR UNAVAILABLE TO ACCEPT OR UTILIZE A PRIZE AS DESCRIBED HEREIN.
- PRIZE RESTRICTIONS AND CONDITIONS: All federal, state, and local taxes related to the prizes are the sole responsibility of the winner. Winner is solely responsible for any and all unspecified expenses in conjunction with enjoyment and use of a prize. Each prize must be accepted as awarded. Each prize will be awarded in the name of the winner and no prize transfer, substitution, or cash equivalent is permitted except in the sole discretion and with the prior written consent of the Sponsor; however, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of comparable or greater value due to unavailability. Except where prohibited by applicable law, each potential winner will be required to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release of Liability/Publicity (an “Affidavit”) as a part of determining that potential winner’s eligibility to win his or her prize prior to, and as a condition of, that potential winner’s acceptance and use of his or her prize. If a potential winner’s Affidavit and all other documents required by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, are not completed as specified, are not received by Sponsor within fourteen (14) days of notification, or the potential winner is found to be an ineligible entrant, that potential winner’s entry will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner will be selected at random.
- ODDS OF WINNING: Odds of winning will vary depending on the number of eligible entries received.
- HOW TO ENTER: To enter, you must have a valid, public Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram account, and during the Entry Period, visit Sponsor’s official Facebook, Instagram or Twitter page, and in response to the Promotion-specific post posted by Sponsor, post a comment or reply in the space provided. Limit one (1) entry per person per person. All entries become property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Comments must be posted pursuant to the (1) Content Restrictions (as set forth in the Content Restrictions section below), and (2) the Facebook Terms and Community Standards available at www.facebook.com, Instagram Terms and Community Standards available at www.Instagram.com, and the Twitter Terms and Community Standards available at www.Twitter.com. Any entry that does not comply with the Content Restrictions or otherwise with these Official Rules, are void.
A Sponsor computer is the official timekeeping device for all entries.No changes to any entry information will be permitted after the end of the Promotion Period.In the event of a dispute over the identity of an Entrant, the entry will be deemed submitted by the registered holder of the email account associated with an entry.Entries received by Sponsor after the end of the Promotion Period will be discarded and deemed VOID. Proof of entering the Promotion online will not be deemed to be proof of actual receipt by Sponsor.Sponsor shall not be responsible for technical failures in entry transmission.Entries will not be received or held in confidence.Submitting an entry does not create a confidential relationship or obligation of secrecy between Entrant and Sponsor or any of the entities involved in this Promotion.
- CONDITIONS OF ENTRY: By submitting an entry, you grant to Sponsor a perpetual, irrevocable, nonexclusive, sublicensable, assignable, royalty-free worldwide license to use, reproduce, display, distribute, publish, modify and create derivative works from your entry in any media now known or hereafter developed for any purposes, including without limitation marketing and promotional purposes without additional compensation. You hereby waive any opportunity or right to inspect or approve your entry and/or the final product in which it may be used or incorporated. You hereby release Sponsor from all claims now or hereafter existing which may arise from any use, non-use or editing of your entry. Any use of robotic, mechanical, automatic, programmed or like methods of participation will void each entry made by such methods. Each person may enter the Promotion only once and each Entrant shall only be eligible to win one (1) prize. Any attempted form of entry into the Promotion other than as described in these Official Rules, and any incomplete entry, is void. Entries that are in violation of these Official Rules will be disqualified. Should Sponsor suspect or determine actual or attempted (a) fraud, tampering, or impairment or disruption of the administration, security, fairness or play of the Promotion, (b) supply of inaccurate information on any documents submitted in connection with this Promotion, or (c) violation of these Official Rules, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to void any and all entries of an Entrant, or suspend or prohibit the participation of any person who Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion, is responsible or otherwise involved with such acts. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY TO DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND ALL OTHER REMEDIES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
All content contained in your entry must, in the sole discretion of Sponsor, be suitable for a general and/or family audience and must not contain any nudity or any obscene, indecent, sexually explicit, disparaging, libelous, hateful, violent, racist or other inappropriate content, including but not limited to words or symbols that might be considered offensive to individuals of any race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or socioeconomic group, nor include threats to any person, place, business, or group, nor violate the privacy or other proprietary rights of any person, firm or entity, including, without limitation, any third party trademarks or copyrights. Your complete and overall entry must be original and must have been created by you for personal purposes or for the purpose of your entering the Promotion. By way of example only, and without limiting the generality of the immediately foregoing sentence, you may not submit an advertisement, a photograph, or a video you found online or a stock photograph as your entry. Submission of an entry that is not your own original work or that otherwise violates the terms of these Official Rules, including without limitation this paragraph, may result in disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right to reject any entry that it deems, in its sole discretion, to violate these Official Rules, including without limitation, this paragraph.Sponsor may determine, in its sole discretion, whether or not any such content complies with this paragraph and to disqualify any entries it determines to be inappropriate for any of the reasons listed above, or for any other reason.Entrants acknowledge and agree that entries may be formatted, edited or otherwise converted in order to be used by the Sponsor for any reason, including without limitation, for creative and/or technical reasons, and for potential promotional use.In the event that your entry is chosen as a potential winner, you may be required to assign and transfer all entry elements, as and if applicable, regardless of original format, size, or resolution and, if applicable, the highest resolution version of your entry, to Sponsor within seventy-two (72) hours of first-attempted notification.
- CONSENT TO PUBLICITY AND USE: Except where prohibited by law, each Entrant, by acceptance of any prize, grants the absolute and worldwide right, license and permission and consent to Sponsor and its affiliates, partners, subsidiaries, parent organizations, trade partners, vendors, assigns and divisions to use, for any promotional and/or publicity purposes and in any manner or media whatsoever Entrant’s full legal name, voice, photograph, biographical information (including, without limitation, hometown and state), email address, and likeness, in connection with Entrant’s participation in the Promotion.
- SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION OF THE WINNERS: Subject to these Official Rules, within fourteen (14) days following the end of the Promotion Period, the potential winners will be selected at random from among all entries received by Sponsor during the Promotion Period and submitted in accordance with these Official Rules, including, without limitation, the “How to Enter” section of these Official Rules.
Within fourteen (14) days following the selection of each potential winner, Sponsor will contact such potential winners by private Facebook, Twitter or Instagram message (depending on which of the three platforms the user submitted their entry) or certified U.S. mail. Sponsor is not responsible for undelivered, lost, late, misdirected, garbled or undeliverable notifications. If any potential winner fails to claim his or her prize within ten (10) business days of being notified by Sponsor, is found to be ineligible, fails to comply with these Official Rules or fails to meet the requirements of these Official Rules, such potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner will be selected randomly from the remaining eligible entries. Sponsor’s decisions with respect to each potential winner and other matters pertaining to the Promotion shall be final.
- TO RECEIVE WINNERS’ NAMES OR OFFICIAL RULES: To request the name of the winners or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request, along with a self-addressed stamped envelope to: What Drive You Sweepstakes, Hankook Tire America Corp., 333 Commerce Street, Suite 600, Nashville, TN 37201, attention: Social Media Marketing Manager. Please specify whether you are requesting the name of the winners or a copy of the Official Rules. Requests for a copy of these Official Rules or the name of the winner received more than 90 (ninety) days after the end of the Promotion Period will not be honored.
- GENERAL PROVISIONS: The Promotion is in no way sponsored by, endorsed by, administered by or associated with Facebook, Inc. (“Facebook”), Instagram, Inc (“Instagram”),. or Twitter, Inc (“Tiwtter”). Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of Sponsor’s ability to enforce its rights. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision of these Official Rules. In the event that any provision of these Official Rules is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained within these Official Rules. If, for any reason, this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including without limitation, due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, force majeure, insufficient qualified entries or winners, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor or unforeseen circumstances which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper operation of this Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion.
- INDEMNIFICATION AND RELEASE: Each Entrant agrees to defend, indemnify and hold Sponsor, Facebook, and their respective affiliates, sponsors, partners, subsidiaries, parent organizations, trade partners, vendors and/or divisions, and their respective representatives, attorneys, assigns, agents, licensees, officers, directors, managers, co-branders, associated marketing firms, advertisers, and partners and any of their employees (each, a “Released and Indemnified Party,” and collectively, the “Released and Indemnified Parties”), harmless from and against any and all rights, demands, losses, injuries, liabilities, damages, claims, causes of action, actions and suits of any kind whatsoever (whether at law or in equity), fees, costs and attorneys’ fees (including appellate level) whatsoever (each, a “Claim,” collectively, “Claims”), brought or asserted by any party against any of the Released and Indemnified Parties arising out of or in connection, directly or indirectly, with the Entrant’s entry in the Promotion, participation in the Promotion, the operation and/or administration of the Promotion, any prize, and/or use or misuse of any prize. BY ENTERING THE PROMOTION, EACH ENTRANT AGREES TO RELEASE, DISCHARGE, AND HOLD HARMLESS EACH RELEASED AND INDEMNIFIED PARTY FROM AND AGAINST ALL CLAIMS ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH, INDIRECTLY OR DIRECTLY: (A) ENTRY OR PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION AND/OR (B) ACCEPTANCE, USE, OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Sponsor is not responsible for: (a) electronic, human, mechanical, United States Postal Service, equipment programming or other error, omission, interruption, defect or delay which may occur in the administration of the Promotion, notification of a potential winner, or the processing of any entry, any prize, in the Official Rules, or in any other materials related to the Promotion, (b) problems or technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to, the malfunctioning of any electronic equipment, computer, Internet, Web site, network, hardware or software, a computer virus, bug or other technical problem, (c) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion, (d) any Entrant’s conduct in connection with the Promotion, (e) any printing, typographical, technical errors in any materials associated with the Promotion or any prize, (f) incorrect, inaccurate, late, lost, stolen, illegible, incomplete, or misdirected entries, or entries received through impermissible or illegitimate channels, or (g) any death, injury or damage to persons or property, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from an Entrant’s entry or participation in the Promotion or use or misuse of any prize.
Entrants acknowledge that Sponsor has not made, and is not in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation, or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relating to this Promotion or any prize. WITHOUT LIMITING ANYTHING IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES, IN NO EVENT WILL SPONSOR AND ITS AFFILIATED COMPANIES, AND THEIR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND CONTRACTORS, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY ADVERTISING, FULFILLMENT, MARKETING AGENCIES, PUBLIC RELATION FIRMS, CONSULTANTS AND CONTRACTORS BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, OR ATTORNEYS FEES, ARISING OUT OF THIS PROMOTION OR THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF THE PRIZES AWARDED IN CONNECTION WITH THIS PROMOTION, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH AND/OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, AS WELL AS ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS OR INVASION OF PRIVACY. IN NO EVENT SHALL SPONSOR’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY FOR CLAIMS ARISING OUT OF THIS PROMOTION EXCEED THE AMOUNT OF THE PRIZES TO BE AWARDED IN CONNECTION WITH THIS PROMOTION.
- GOVERNING LAW; VENUE: This Promotion is governed by U.S. law and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Entrants and Sponsor in connection with this Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Tennessee, without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof, and any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in these Official Rules and/or for entering any judgment on an arbitration award, shall take place in the federal or state courts of Nashville, Tennessee. Each Entrant waives any and all objections to jurisdiction and venue in these courts and hereby submits to the jurisdiction of these courts. Any and all lawsuits or other disputes that arise relating to this Promotion must be filed within one (1) year from the date that the winners are selected.
- DISPUTE RESOLUTION: Except where prohibited, as a condition of participating in this Promotion, each Entrant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between or among the parties, and any claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, the prizes awarded, or the determination of the winners, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. Entrants waive all rights to trial in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Official Rules and/or this Promotion. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Official Rules and/or this Promotion shall be determined exclusively by confidential and binding arbitration in accordance with the expedited rules of American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) before a single arbitrator. Such arbitration shall be conducted in Nashville, Tennessee. The award of such arbitration shall be confidential, final, binding and non-appealable, except to the extent provided for in the rules of the AAA, and judgment on the arbitration award may be entered into any court having jurisdiction thereof.
- SPONSOR: Hankook Tire America Corp., 333 Commerce Street, Suite 600, Nashville, TN 37201.