Hankook is always listening to customers for the right tire and the right service.
DealerONE Dealer Program
ONE Dealer Program
Direct Deposit will be the preferred method of payment on the ONE Program.
To ensure faster processing of quarterly payments, Hankook has made direct deposit the preferred payment method for all new ONE dealers and will transition all existing ONE dealers to Direct Deposit by the end of Q1 2019.
Laufenn is now available on the ONE Program for eligible units! Any dealer who purchases Laufenn on the ONE Program in 2019 will receive $1.00 per unit regardless of volume level achievement, and is considered a volume enhancer.
- Effective January 1, 2019. Hankook will be adopting a Minimum Advertised price Policy that all dealers must adhere to.
ONE Program Benefits
Higher Rewards and New Enhancements for ONE Dealers
Earn more cash in the Hankook ONE Program in diverse ways. Our rewards have been enriched so you can earn even more for your sales. It’s simple – Hankook ONE offers better rewards to better your business. Enroll today to receive the benefits your business achieves.
Point of Purchase Displays
Once your enrollment has been accepted into Hankook’s ONE Program, you will receive an initial Startup Kit of helpful Hankook materials to enhance your store and attract your customers. Additionally, when you achieve to Platinum (Level 3) and Diamond (Level 4) you will receive extra Hankook merchandise for your store!
* All ONE Program Point of Purchase Displays, Merchandise & Print literature products subject to change without notice, items are subject to availability *
Earn Hankook ONE Program Points
Accrue points for your purchases and use them to purchase from an array of merchandise and Hankook marketing materials on our new website according to your business needs. Your program points will begin to accrue once your purchases exceed 300 units per quarter.
Eligibility and Requirements of the Associate Dealer
The Associate Dealer enrolling in the Hankook ONE Associate Dealer Program is a retail customer of a designated Hankook Distributor who agrees to the following conditions. A retail customer location is defined as any location that sells to a retail consumer and has the equipment necessary to mount and balance the tires at the location. Online purchases are eligible to be counted on the ONE Program in accordance with Hankook’s MAP Policy.
1.) To participate in the Program, each retail location must commit to purchase a minimum of 320 units of Hankook Passenger and/or Light Truck Products annually. The annual requirement may be adjusted depending on the official date of enrollment at the discretion and approval of Hankook Tire America Corp.
Minimum Qtr Purchase to
Receive a Payment Qtrly
Total Annual Volume Required to
meet Program Requirements
**Full quarter obligation is required no matter the date enrolled within a quarter.**
2.) Hankook ONE Dealers may designated a Secondary Hankook Distributor. In 2019, secondary distributor units will be processed under 85/15 (15% of total purchased units will be counted from the secondary distributor) and return to the 90/10 rule (10%) in 2020. Any additional units will forfeit program payout.
2019 Program Rules Example:
Purchased Annual Units
15% of Purchased Units
Hankook Pays on
2020 Standard Program Rules Example:
Purchased Annual Units
10% of Purchased Units
Hankook Pays on
503.) Online sales are permitted; however, all advertised prices (In-house and online) need to adhere to the MAP Policy based on the address, phone number, owner’s business name (all business associated with this contract are covered by MAP). If you have an affiliated company, all organizations will adhere and governed by MAP.
Requirements for Associate Dealers is as follows:
- The Associate Dealer may be subject to termination from the program for failure to meet the Minimum annual requirement. If the Associate Dealer is tracking based on the provided chart, they will be renewed for the subsequent year.
- Once the application has been approved, an opening order should be placed with your primary distributor.
- Associate Dealer must inventory a minimum of two premium lines Hankook Tires listed in this agreement.
- Any Hankook Dealer that purchases tires directly from Hankook is not eligible to participate as an Associate Dealer. All OE Manufacturers affiliated Car Dealerships are excluded from the ONE Program.
- Hankook does not allow direct or drop shipments to an Associate Dealer.
Program Rules and Guidelines
All Associate Dealers participating in the Hankook ONE Associate Dealer Program must agree to the following conditions:
1. Official enrollment date is defined as the date approved by Hankook HQ. Associate Dealer enrollments which are dated and signed in a specific month must be submitted no later than 10 days into the subsequent month in order to be enrolled on the date specified/requested within the enrollment form.
2. For new Associate Dealers, the annual ONE Associate Dealer purchase requirements shall be prorated based on the Quarter of enrollment.
Minimum Qtr. Purchase to
Receive a Payment Qtrly
Total Annual Volume Required to
meet Program Requirements
** Full quarter obligation is required no matter the date enrolled within a quarter. **
3. The unit totals must be reported with the format and required sales information established by Hankook. The Associate Dealer must make Hankook or reporting distributor aware of any discrepancies no later than the quarter immediately following the reported discrepancy. All discrepancies will be resolved by Hankook at its sole discretion.
4. The ONE Associate Dealer Program applies to the purchase of Hankook and Laufenn branded Passenger and Light truck tires only.
5. Associate Dealers will earn cash rewards on all qualifying tire purchases from their Designated Distributor(s) on a quarterly basis. Reported purchase units must only be for retail consumer sales and not for wholesale sales. Reward checks made payable to the retail location will be direct deposited by Hankook to Associate Dealers that attain their minimum quarterly requirements and maintain their obtainment level.
a. An increase in attainment level could result in an increase in payment level based on their annual volume status the following quarter.
b. A decrease in attainment level could result in a limited payment or no payment in a specified quarter(s); however, if the original level is met in the upcoming quarter(s), any/all units will be processed for payment in the following quarter.
6. It is forbidden to use any financial incentives, growth Incentives, CO-OP, advertising/promotion monies, or spiffs, to lower the advertised retail price of Hankook and Laufenn products. Furthermore, all advertised prices of Hankook Branded products shall be in compliance with Hankook’s MAP Policy (see attached policy in Appendix A).
7. Quarterly cash rewards will be calculated for all Associate Dealers who meet their minimum annual sales targets / objectives according to the incentive levels established by Hankook in Table A on Page 3, Eligibility Requirement #1.
8. . The Associate Dealer must remain under the Primary Distributor for one (1) year from the effective start date of enrollment. If the Associate Dealer’s request to change the Primary Distributor is granted, The Associate Dealer must remain under the New Primary Distributor for two years before any additional requests are honored. The new Primary Distributor must be active in the Hankook ONE Associate Dealer Program for a minimum of two (2) quarters and be approved by Hankook before a transfer is granted.
9. Transfers require a minimum two week notice to Hankook and will become effective once the date of the change is approved. A Distributor Transfer Request Form must be submitted to Hankook for approval and effective date of transfer will be notified to prior distributor, new distributor, and dealer upon approval.
a. All sales from the prior distributor will no longer count toward the annual minimum volume after the transfer effective date. Contact your potential new Hankook ONE Program Distributor to request a transfer form. Your Primary Hankook Distributor will be notified of the transfer request.
b. The Associate Dealer understands and agrees to abide by all the terms and conditions of the Hankook ONE Associate Dealer Program.
10. The Associate Dealer will use its best efforts to advertise (PER MAP POLICY), promote, merchandise, sell and service Hankook and Laufenn tires.
11. The Associate Dealer has the right to terminate this Agreement at any time upon 30 days prior written notice to Hankook Primary Distributor and Secondary Distributor.
12. The Associate Dealer agrees to administer and service all Hankook programs, including national accounts, government sales, and warranty and adjustment policies for Hankook replacement and OE tires.
13. Hankook reserves the right to audit Associate Dealer purchases reported by the Distributor at either the Distributor or the Associate Dealer. Both the Distributor and Associate Dealer must maintain all invoices reported by the Primary Distributor to verify sales performance. If invoices cannot be supplied Hankook reserves the right to withhold future payments and/or terminate the Associate Dealer.
14. The Associate Dealer agrees to identify each retail location with Hankook brand identification, and any POS materials provided by Hankook related to the program.
15. At the request of Hankook, the Associate Dealer will participate in online training and certification programs including surveys related to the program.
16. The Associate Dealer agrees to only sell tires from the location signing this Agreement.
17. The Associate Dealer agrees to represent Hankook as good stewards of the brands according to established corporate guidelines in usage of its trademark, TRADE DRESS and representation of products.
18. Hankook retains sole right and ownership of its trademark, “Hankook” and “Laufenn”. Any and other trademarks of Hankook and its branded Products may not be used to promote or advertise for purposes other than the sale and use of Hankook Products. Upon termination of this Agreement, Hankook retains the right to revoke Associate Dealer from using or displaying all Hankook trademarks.
19. Hankook will not be liable to either Distributor or Associate Dealer and shall not be made a party to any dispute for breach of contract or damage claims arising from their dealings with one another, caused by any act or omission by either Distributor or Associate Dealer.
20. Hankook has the right to designate other locations as Authorized Associate Dealers without regard to the geographical relation between sales locations. Hankook reserves the right to deny enrollment based on the geographic location of the Associate dealer requesting enrollment.
21. The Hankook ONE Program is available to US tire dealers only.
22. The Associate Dealer shall not disclose the terms and conditions of the Hankook ONE Program to any third party. The terms of this agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Tennessee without regard to its choice of law rules and parties agree to submit to jurisdiction of Federal or State courts located in the State of Tennessee.
ProductsIn which direction do you have to expand your product line-up to be successful in the future? What are the future trends as far as tyres are concerned?
Technological innovation is driving trends for better products, not only limited to high performance tyres. Hankook has developed and improved many tyre technologies which are protected by patent and have contributed to increasing the brand’s reputation. The company’s range of complex high-performance tyres is being continually expanded and receiving more and more positive feedback and awards as “best in class” from major automotive magazines. This includes the creation of a virtual design system to draft and evaluate tyres more precisely, as well as other technologies like:
- Technology for optimum tread design in order to develop very lightweight and fuel-efficient as well as ecological tyres.
- Technology for predicting tyre movement.
- Advanced materials technology.
Hankook is concentrating more and more on the development of advanced tyre technologies with a high added value, further distinguishing the brand from its competitors and meeting demands for high-quality tyres with an improved performance. We are also placing more efforts in environmental friendly and run-flat tyres, reflecting the growing demands from both consumers and OE manufacturers. Hankook is planning to launch environmentally friendly tyres which raise fuel efficiency and are a good match for OE hybrid cars.
etcWhat is the status of Hankook in the research and development area so far? How do Hankook train qualified personnel and run research and development?
Innovation through technology is one of the primary factors that will drive Hankook’s growth and help it become a leading global company.
- We consistently invest 5% of our revenue in R&D every year, und 6% of HANKOOK employees work in R&D.Our global technology expertise is strategically applied at a local level through R&D centres (Korea, China, Germany, Japan and the US) to help us produce tyres that meet the demands of consumers, as well as the weather and road conditions in different regions.
ServiceWhat sort of service do you provide to customers and end consumers?
Service is of the utmost importance to us and we are constantly striving to improve customer service. We have AS personnel in 30 cities to provide services when and where they’re needed. In addition, we guarantee our customers service within 48 hours, no matter where they are.Hankook also carries out regular TBR safety inspections to guarantee the safety of our customers, with our hotline offering fast advice and service.
etcIn terms of Hankook Tire branding, what does “Driving Emotion” mean? Will this slogan remain and be used in advertising messages?
Driving Emotion refers to the emotional experience of drivers when driving a vehicle with tyres from Hankook – whether that’s feeling safe and secure because of the grip and control of our tyres or being relaxed and having a comfortable journey.
etcEnvironment protection was one of the most important issues at the 2008 Olympics. Has Hankook got any plans to introduce "green tyres"?
This is a global trend, and environmental concerns have been very relevant to the tyre industry for a number of years and are an area which Hankook has a strong commitment to. We are continuing to invest in environmentally friendly technologies and innovations that can be applied across and integrated into all our tyre products as well as adopting more environmentally friendly practices at both our production facilities and regional offices.Hankook is now building a strong reputation in this area, and in Europe, for example, Stiftung Warentest magazine recognized the Optimo K715 as the most environmentally friendly in its class. Our concerted efforts into specialized environmental friendly and run-flat tires reflect the growing demands from both consumers throughout the world and, importantly, OE manufacturers.
ProductsWhat is the challenge in developing tyres for the different regional markets? Is it necessary to have different types of tyres for different regions?
Yes, because different regions have different prevailing weather and road conditions as well as consumer demands – the comfort of the drive is most important in Korea whereas control is more important in Europe (along with environmental concerns of course – but this is across all markets). One of the strategic advantages of Hankook is that we apply our global technology at a regional and local level across five R&D centres located world-wide. This also, of course, has the inverse effect, allowing innovations from the regional market to feedback into products developed throughout the world. In terms of challenges, cost could hold back other companies in gearing up to have a regionalization of tyre development. However, we see this cost being outweighed by the huge benefits of ensuring we are providing the best technology suited to the region; cost will never compromise our pursuit to produce and develop quality, high performing tyres.
etcWhat will Hankook be doing to increase brand awareness and preference?
For Hankook, the following activities are under way to raise brand awareness and preference:Expansion of OE business to raise the brand recognition. Focus on supplying tyres to well-known overseas vehicle manufacturers. New and additional supply contracts with prominent vehicle manufacturers are expected in the second half of this year.Participation in renowned overseas motor sport competitions. Participation in events held in such places as Germany, UK, Italy, US and Japan. In addition, Hankook is actively taking part in worldwide automotive fairs.Enhancement of brand value and awareness through leading overseas automotive magazines’ tyre performance tests. An objective quality evaluation is an underlying value that raises brand profile especially for worldwide consumers.
Marketing How can I place a bulk order for Hankook products?
Click onto our global network page on our website, and then make an inquiry to the person responsible or visit the Q&A page for the respective region. We will then promptly respond to your inquiry.