Our quality policy for guaranteeing customers' safety.
Hankook is constantly striving to ensure the highest quality of goods.
This limited warranty applies to the original purchaser of new Special Trailer (ST) tire manufactured by HANKOOK Tire and Technology bearing Department of Transportation (DOT) prescribed tire identification numbers. Eligible tires shall be used on the vehicle/equipment on which they were originally installed according to the vehicle/equipment manufacturer’s or Hankook’s recommendation. This warranty applies if all following qualification requirements are met:
- The tire was purchased on or after January 1, 2021.
- The tire is a size, load rating and speed rating equal to or greater than that recommended by the vehicle/equipment manufacturer.
- The tire has not become unserviceable due to a condition listed under WHAT IS NOT COVERED.
- The tire is within 6 years from the date of manufacture or 6 years from the date of purchase, whichever benefits the customer.
What Is Covered And For How Long
Should any Hankook ST tire covered by this limited warranty become unusable due to a workmanship or material related condition during its usable tread life (more than 2/32nds of an inch of remaining tread), Hankook will give a credit on the following conditions:
- 1) During the first 2/32nds of the original usable tread and within one year from date of purchase: Tire will be replaced with a comparable new Hankook produced tire free of charge, including mounting and balancing charges. Applicable taxes on the new tire and cost of any other charges in connection with the replacement of the tire are required to be paid by the owner.
- 2) After the first 2/32nds of the original usable tread or after one year from date of purchase, whichever occurs first: The amount of the credit will be determined by multiplying the then current dealer selling price for the same tire (excluding taxes) by the percentage of remaining usable tread depth, based on the original tread depth. The cost of mounting, balancing and any other service charges, fees, and applicable taxes shall be paid by the owner.
What is not Covered
This limited warranty does not apply to tires which are being serviced under the following conditions:
- Originally purchased or used outside the United States of America or Puerto Rico.
- Willful Abuse / Collision / Wreck / Fire.
- Continued use while flat or severe under/over inflation.
- Road Hazards including without limitation to punctures, cuts, impact breaks, stone drills, bruises, bulges, snags, collisions, etc.
- Premature/irregular wear due to vehicle/equipment mechanical reason and/or improper maintenance.
- Conditions resulting from without limitation to improper mounting/demounting, under inflation, improper tire size, improper repair, defect in vehicle, abuse, improper storage.
- Cosmetic ozone or weather cracking
- Ozone or weather cracking on tires over 4 years old from the date of manufacture.
- Ride disturbance complaints after 2/32nds tread wear or 1 year from date of purchase, whichever occurs first.
- With tread depth of 2/32nds or less remaining depth.
- With the serial number cut or buffed.
- Racing & off-road use and Misapplication.
- Loss of time or use, inconvenience or any incidental or consequential damage.
* Note: Consequential damage mentioned above may not apply to you based on States limitation.
Owner's General Obligation
In order to be eligible for HANKOOK’s limited warranty program, the owner must observe the following:
- Present the tire to an authorized Hankook dealer in the United States of America or Puerto Rico.
- Submit or present a copy of the original purchase receipt.
- Sign a completed Hankook Claim Form filled by any authorized dealer
- If the tire owner abuses the tires by failing to do the following, but not limited to, observe safety warnings, maintain proper inflation pressure, maintain vehicle alignment and tire rotation, expected tire performance or life may not be achieved and your safety cannot be ensured.
- THIS WARRANTY IS MADE IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND HANKOOK EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. SOME U.S. STATES AND/OR CANADIAN PROVINCES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS IN THE DURATION OF AN IMPLIED WARRANTY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, HANKOOK DISCLAIMS LIABILITY FOR ALL CONSEQUENTIAL AND INCIDENTAL DAMAGES. THE REMEDIES SET FORTH IN THIS LIMITED WARRANTY ARE THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES FOR BREACH OF WARRANTY. Some U.S. States and/or Canadian provinces do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. This Limited Warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from U.S. State or Canadian province to province.
- THIS IS THE ONLY EXPRESS WARRANTY MADE BY HANKOOK. NO HANKOOK EMPLOYEE, RETAILER, OR DEALER HAS THE AUTHORITY TO MAKE ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION, PROMISE OR AGREEMENT ON BEHALF OF HANKOOK EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY WRITTEN IN THIS TOTAL WARRANTY. IN OBSERVANCE OF U.S. FEDERAL LAW, THIS WARRANTY HAS BEEN DESIGNATED A “LIMITED WARRANTY.”..
User Guide for ST Tires
Hankook Special Trailer (ST) tires are designed specifically for non-driven trailer axles. Hankook Special Trailer (ST) tires are designed to maximize the performance of your utility trailers, equipment trailers, car trailers, travel trailers and much more.
When purchasing ST tire(s) for your trailer, be sure to use the original trailer tire size or the trailer manufacturer’s recommended size for your specific application. Also, be sure that your new ST tires’ load and speed rating are at least equal to or greater than the trailer manufacturer’s recommendation.
The recommended inflation pressures for Special Trailer (ST) tires are indicated on the trailer tire placard, certification label, or in the owner’s manual. Never set tire inflation pressures below the recommended inflation pressure found on the trailer tire placard, certification label or owner’s manual. Under inflation causes excessive heat build-up and internal structural damage that may lead to a tire failure, even at a later date. Do not exceed the maximum inflation pressure shown on tire sidewall. Over inflated tires (inflated over the maximum pressure figure molded on the tire sidewall) are more likely to be cut, punctured, or damaged by sudden impact from hitting an obstacle, such as a pothole.
To maintain the correct pressure in Special Trailer (ST) tires, check the inflation pressure regularly with a properly calibrated pressure gauge that has an adequate range to check the tires. A dual head gauge is recommended to check dual tires. Even if it is difficult to check the inflation pressures of inside tires in dual fitments, it is imperative that these inflation pressures be checked and properly maintained because the inside dual tires are subjected to more severe operating conditions, such as:
- Reduced air flow around the outer surface of the tire
- Higher heat exposure due to proximity to brakes
- Crowned road surfaces (which can cause inside dual tires to support more of the load than the outside dual tires)
Inflation pressure enables a tire to support the load and to control the vehicle, therefore proper inflation is critical. With the correct inflation pressure, the vehicle and the tires will achieve their optimal performance. In addition to tire safety, this means tires will wear longer and optimize fuel efficiency.
Check inflation pressure when tires are cold, that is, when the trailer has been parked for at least 3 hours or has been driven less than one mile at moderate speeds. The inflation pressure in all tires, including the spare tire and inside duals, should be checked with an accurate tire gauge at least once per month and before each trip. A best practice is to check inflation pressure each morning before driving. This includes vehicles equipped with a Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS). Maintaining proper inflation pressure promotes proper tire safety, maximizes fuel economy and optimizes overall tire performance.
Never “bleed” or reduce inflation pressure when tires are hot from driving, as it is normal for pressures to increase above recommended cold pressures. If a hot tire pressure reading is at or below recommended cold inflation pressure it may be dangerously under inflated. In this case, immediately determine the cause and/or have the tire checked by a tire service professional.
Significant changes in altitude or ambient temperature at which a trailer will regularly operate will result in changes in inflation pressure and will require an inflation pressure check and adjustment.
When using your trailer, be sure you are within the manufacturers recommended load rating, so the tires do not become overloaded. Overloading the trailer tires can cause uneven/irregular wear to the tires and may lead to a blowout causing injury or even death.
Inspection of your Special Trailer tires is an important function. Frequent (at least monthly) and before/after using trailer, inspection of your tires for signs of damage and their general condition is important for safety. If you observe or experience impact, impact damage, penetrations, cracks, bulges or air loss, your tires should be dismounted and inspected by an expert.
Once your ST tire(s) reach 2/32nds of an inch of tread depth, replace them, as they are worn out.
Maintenance Guide for ST Tires
When storing your new ST tires, be sure to stack the tires flat, do not stand them up as this could create flat spots on the tire(s). If you need to store them outside, be sure they are elevated from the ground and not in direct sunlight. When storing your ST tire(s) be sure to not store them near ozone gases if possible.
If you are storing your trailer with Hankook ST tires mounted for an extended period, be sure to store them in a cool, dry environment if possible. Also try to elevate the trailer axle(s) if possible so the tires do not deform.
Additional Information or Customer Service
If you have any question on product warranty, please first contact your nearest Hankook Tire Dealer. For dealer information, or if your question has not been handled to your satisfaction, contact the Hankook Tire Technical Department.
HANKOOK TIRE AMERICA CORPORATION
Head Office: 333 Commerce St. Suite 600 Nashville, TN 37201
For warranty information, please visit www.hankooktire.com/us or call 1-800-HANKOOK.